Tobacco Free Funds empowers investors to search their mutual funds for tobacco companies and the entertainment companies that promote tobacco to young people. We help you identify investment options that align with your values and build a healthier future.
We screen funds for two types of companies:
Tobacco Free Funds is funded in part by a grant from Truth Initiative.
Retirement plans invest mostly in mutual funds, which are themselves invested in a wide array of company stocks and other securities. It’s not always easy for investors to investigate what’s inside the funds they own. Your retirement money may be invested in tobacco companies and entertainment companies that promote tobacco to kids. If you want tobacco-free options in your retirement account, talk to your plan administrator.
At As You Sow, we’ve been engaging major corporations on social and environmental responsibility since 1992. In 2015, we launched Fossil Free Funds so that people could see if their retirement was funding climate change. Since then our Invest Your Values program has released free sustainable investing tools on environmental and social issues like gender equality, deforestation, and more. We are committed to transparency, corporate accountability, and empowering individuals to take control of their investments.
- Look up mutual funds using up-to-date Morningstar data
- We analyze your investments for tobacco stocks
- See how much exposure they have to tobacco and tobacco-promoting entertainment companies
- Learn how to make a change and invest tobacco free
- Ask your financial advisor about socially responsible investments
- Push your employer to provide tobacco free 401(k) options